This position is located in the Office of the General Counsel (OGC), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC). OGC's mission is to provide full-service legal support for all requirements driven by MCC's mission.Learn more about this agency
Although the position is advertised equivalent to GS-15, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band 3A which is generally equal to GS-15.
The first cutoff date for referral of applications is 8/6/2021.
- Coordinates team efforts as-well-as outside counsel/consultants to develop, negotiate, implement, monitor, and close out development assistance programs and projects.
- Serves as a technical resource to MCC officials and employees in the identification and resolution of critical program-related issues and problems associated with development assistance programs and projects.
- Assists MCC with assessments of development assistance activities in compact and threshold program countries and with the development of effective new strategies, including the development of strategic objectives and required supporting documentation.
- Reviews, and in some cases prepares, interpretative analysis of compact and threshold program development, implementation, and close out topics and issues, many which involve new and novel initiatives.
- Ensures legal opinions, briefs, memoranda, and other written work are fully researched, and contain accurate and appropriate legal and policy analysis and conclusions.
- Pursues and achieves goals to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of OGC operations.
- Serves as a legal representative and spokesperson for MCC at stakeholder, interagency, and international meetings dealing with a variety of legal issues and information.
- Supports implementation of MCC's position regarding difficult and complex legal problems and issues that may be controversial or of significant public interest. Provides advice and consultation as a technical expert and recognized authority in the fields of U.S. law related to foreign assistance and MCC's operations and mission, as well as international law.
- Works to obtain a balance of conflicting interests by applying a high order of original and creative thought.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607967000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.