Incumbent serves as a Food Service Worker at the Hudson Valley Healthcare System, Montrose Facility in the Nutrition and Food Service in any of the Food Preparation and Service areas.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but not limited to:
- Sets up various salads, desserts and other food items for service adhering to portion control.
- Replenishes line as needed with hot and cold food, beverages and supplies.
- Wraps silverware.
- Assembles bread, butter, condiments, beverages, tea bags, salt, sugar, and fat restricted items, etc.
- Combines fruit and vegetable ingredients for salads; portions and assembles individual salads and desserts; obtains dishes and glassware.
- Makes toast, sandwiches, bag lunches, cold plates and performs other simple food preparation.
- Works safely to avoid injury to self and others.
- Incumbent delivers and serves trays to the dining day rooms or patients' beds
- reports the patient comments and complaints to the supervisor or dietitian.
- Retrieves trays and cleans up after patients are finished with their meal(s).
- Unloads carts and scrapes trays, stacks dishes and utensils for washing.
- Reports any untouched patient food trays.
- Operates continuous conveyor belt mechanical dishwasher.
- Cleans and readies cart for the following meal.
- Stores trays and dishes returned from the dishwashing area.
- Maintains kitchen in clean and orderly condition, sweeps and mops floors, washes shelves, tables, sinks, refrigerators, etc.
- Sets up and Delivers nourishments/supplements to wards at specified times.
- Follows beverage guides to fill ward beverage requirements.
- Prepares individual nourishments, ward beverages, nutritional supplements, and assists with the preparation of special feedings.
- Delivers items to designated stations.
Work Schedule: 6:00am-10:am Includes Holidays and rotating weekends.
Position Description Title/PD#: Food Service Worker/PD18202A
Physical Requirements: Position requires lifting, pushing or carrying large containers, weighing up to 40 pounds. Foodservice transports food, equipment and supplies by manual or motorized cart. Food carts weigh up to 390 pounds. The 24 capacity carts require12 pounds of force to initiate movement and break the static inertia. To keep our 24 capacity carts moving requires 7 pounds of force. Lifts or moves equipment and may be required to work on ladders (cleaning hoods) and use powered cleaning equipment (power spray unit).
Work Conditions: There is continuous walking, standing and lifting involved as well as work in areas of extreme humidity, heat, cold, drafts and/or slippery floors, but is usually noisy from food service activities. Food service workers are regularly exposed to hot liquids, sharp cutting blade, hot working surfaces and extreme temperature changes when entering walk-in refrigeration or freezing units. Hands are frequently in water. Work involves regular and recurring risks of exposure to contagious diseases and the occasional disruptive behavior of psychiatric patients.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607966100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.