About the Position: The Anniston Army Depot is located in Anniston, Alabama in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountain chain half way between Atlanta, Georgia and Birmingham, Alabama just off interstate 20. The Depot is the largest employer in Calhoun County with Approximately 4000 employees.Learn more about this agency
The initial cut-off date for referral consideration is the 10th of the month and thereafter, every 10 days as vacancies occur.
- Provide Management employee relations and labor services to complex and demanding organizations located on the installation while operating independently as a senior HR (LMER) on a daily basis, dealing with cases that require unique resolutions.
- Advise management on appropriate disciplinary or other corrective techniques in order to assist them in responding and resolving a wide range and complex issues for conduct and performance problems.
- Advising, focusing and training managers and supervisors on all processes of performance management.
- Consult with managers, supervisors, employees, etc. to interpret/apply laws, regulations, policies, on various HR functions including grievances, appeals, adverse actions, etc.
- Conduct probing and analysis to identify obscure or underling cause of misconduct or poor performance.
- Develop technical/legal documents of action for management's use for resolution in LMER matters. Develop written policies, advisories, etc. on management-employee relations function.
- Knowledge of personnel management and employee/labor relations theories, principle, practice, etc.
- Skill in liaison processes to resolve issues by influencing, negotiating and executing.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607946000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.