The Healthcare Trainee report directly to the Office of the Deputy Director allowing students to join VA in career positions that emphasize long-term training and development with potential for non-competive placement into a permanent position upon successful completion of this program. Healthcare Trainees will have an opportunity to gain on-the-job training to grow as a healthcare administrator.Learn more about this agency
This position is being filled under the VA Choice and Quality Employment Act of 2017. The program is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with paid work opportunities in agencies to explore Federal careers while still in school. The Internship provides managers a ready source of student employees and potential permanent employees upon completion of the program requirements. It also provides the student with work experience directly related to the curriculum studies or career goals while offering eligibility for non-competitive conversion to permanent employment upon completion. For more information on Internship opportunities within the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Collects analyzes and presents data to include building reports/surveys, tracking trends, developing visual management data tools, writing report/proposals, and making recommendations and advising Executive Leadership.
- Facilitate assigned project teams including identification of team members set up of meetings, and facilitation of team's activities.
- Serve as point contact/subject matter expert for assigned providing guidance and advising Executive Leadership and facility staff.
- Completes rotations and special assignment as a healthcare administrator in departments throughout the facility.
- Serve as a Point of Contact for Electronic Employee Clearance Program providing facility-wide guidance on the process through oversight of facility's standard work and collecting/analyzing data to ensure compliance across the facility.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: Full Time, 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday 8:00AM to 4:30PM.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607928300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.