This position will serve as the Transportation Assistant (Transportation Coordinator) for our Veteran Transportation Service (VTS) in the Health Administration Service (HAS) located at the VA Long Beach Healthcare System. The incumbent reports to the Mobility Manager. The Transportation Coordinator will serve as the primary contact for Veterans' transportation needs.Learn more about this agency
Major duties of Transportation Assistant (Transportation Coordinator) include but are not limited to:
- Collecting, compiling, and tracking data and statistical information in support of Veteran Transportation Service (VTS).
- Basic analysis of data and generating a variety of reports
- Coordinates the day-to-day operation of the VTS program flow, processes and functions.
- Plans and provides support services in the following types of program areas: electronic records management; driver scheduling setup and management of program, space utilization services.
- Meets the needs of the customer while supporting the Medical Center and service missions.
- Determine eligibility for and entitlement to travel at VA expense
- Arrange special mode transportation for outpatients
- Arrange special mode of transportation for inpatient discharge
- Consult and/or work with non-VA Care regarding authorized and/or unauthorized travel issues
- Submit reports to Fiscal Office
- Will determine eligibility for the program, and processing requests.
- Will correctly determine which of several fund control points to utilize, entering authorizations, maintaining manual and electronic accounting records, performing regular reconciliations and adjusting account balances.
- Will contact approving official to authorize obligations and requests for additions, deductions, and/or movement of funds.
- Will have knowledge and application of an extensive body of transportation regulations, methods and practices to perform a wide variety of interrelated or nonstandard transportation support assignments and resolve a wide range of problems.
- Will have knowledge of travel rules and regulations in VHA Handbook 1601B.05 "Beneficiary Travel" and associated Policy and Procedure Guides, VHA Directives, and Code of Federal Regulations, regarding legal entitlement to travel reimbursement, and travel rates to be able to calculate reimbursements.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday, 7:30am - 4:00pm
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Transportation Assistant (Transportation Coordinator) / PD #600-11994ARelocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607928100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.