This position is located in a Regional Office of the Employment and Training Administration. The Regional Office is responsible for all workforce development and income maintenance activity assigned to that Region, with the exception of specific Job Corps and Office of Apprenticeship activities.
* THIS POSITION IS OUTSIDE BARGAINING UNIT *Learn more about this agency
The Major Duties and Responsibilities of this position include but not limited to the following:
- Advises and assists the Regional Director on strategic planning, policy, program operations, and performance accountability for the development and administration of a national workforce development system.
- Reviews work within the assigned areas and allocates resources to ensure completion of agency mission and office work plan.
- Ensures that implementation of operating plan obligations is met, program performance goals are closely tracked, and prepares suggestions for mid-course corrections. Coordinates Division activities with other Divisions and Offices throughout ETA. Works as a partner with other Offices to facilitate the achievement of goals. Ensures that all interested parties are kept informed about key activities and developments.
- Supervises employees individually and in the work of teams. Links individual performance requirements to organizational goals. Incorporates organizational performance into discussions about individual ratings.
- Interviews and selects candidates for vacancies and initiates other personnel actions; provides advice, counsel, and instruction to individual employees on performance, and administrative matters; establishes performance standards, evaluates performance, and rates subordinate supervisors and employees; initiates disciplinary measures and adverse actions as needed; and supports EEO affirmative action plans and objectives. Provides assistance to office staff on personnel matters relating to recruitment, promotions, details, reassignments, grievances, etc.
- Represents management with NCFLL on grievances, unfair labor disputes, development of MOUs, and Labor-Management Relations meetings, as needed. Creates a work environment that encourages and rewards innovative thinking and problem resolution, formal and informal development of staff, and fairness and equity in recognizing and encouraging opportunities for performance awards, professional development, and general assessment of staff needs and capabilities
Grants Management Laws, Regulations & Guidelines:
- Monitors the performance of assigned division with respect to the operational plan and ETA grants management guidance including ETOs, the core monitoring guide and its supplements, and Standard Operating Procedures. Develops and recommends short and long-range program plans taking into consideration management objectives. Communicates work priorities to staff.
- Advises Regional Director on significant compliance issues with grantees, and assists in the development of technical assistance to address those compliance issues.
- Oversees the assessment of grantee data and ensures timely and responsive technical assistance using ETA wide risk analysis techniques and tools that identify grantees at greatest risk.
- Serves as agency expert and authoritative consultant internally and externally in one or more types of grants including ETA discretionary investments, formula grants funded under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, and grants to states in support of unemployment insurance operations within states.
- Develops plans to convert strategic goals into action. Directs review of plans and develops changes, as appropriate, including changes in resources. Establishes and revises operating procedures for the division.
- Ensures that staff is knowledgeable of the annual performance metrics and ensures that products are delivered and deadlines are met. Accurately reports unit accomplishments in line with requirements.
- Effectively represents the Department and the Regional Office internally and externally. Effectively communicates Departmental and Agency priorities.
- Promotes and sustains positive relationships with customers, stakeholders and partners, to include collaboration with various officials from Federal, State and Local government agencies.
- Facilitates discussions with grantees or groups of grantees with the intent of identifying common issues, ensuring compliance, delivering technical assistance, sharing and implementing departmental priorities, de-escalating tense situations, and addressing compliance issues.
- Develops annual monitoring/technical assistance plans to accomplish organizational goals, establishing systems and methods to ensure efficient and effective management of resources; modifies resource allocations in response to changes in plans, goals or conditions; establishes evaluation systems to measure the quality of program productsand services.
- Identifies problem areas and suggests changes in resource requirements and modification to program plans. As necessary, directs the development of pertinent information for briefing the Administrator on findings and appropriate actions.
- Participates in the development of a regional staffing plan.
25% or less - Travel within the US to provide technical assistance and support monitoring reviews
14 - This position is at the Full-Performance Level (FPL).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607913300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.