“The Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC), through strategic partnerships, prepares the federal law enforcement community to safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.” We are a unique inter-agency organization preparing the next generation of law enforcement officers to meet our Nation's most pressing security challenges. Click here to learn more.Learn more about this agency
Being a Supervisory Law Enforcement Specialist (Instruction) makes you a valuable member of the FLETC team and mission. This position is within the Office of the Associate Director for Training Ops, Technical Training Operations Directorate, FLETC Leadership Institute Division, located in Glynco, GA. The position serves as a Division Chief and is responsible for the overall performance and technical activities of subordinate staff, which may include Supervisory Law Enforcement Specialists, Law Enforcement Specialists (Instructors), Law Enforcement Training Advisors, International Training and Assistance Coordinators, and administrative personnel as assigned.
Typical assignments include:
- Serving as a Division Chief and is responsible for the development, delivery and evaluation of programs within a division and oversees the planning, coordination, management, and execution of these training programs.
- Responsible for the overall performance and technical activities of Supervisory Law Enforcement Specialists, Law Enforcement Specialists (Instructors), Law Enforcement Training Advisors, and administrative personnel as assigned.
- Directing the management and supervision of the design, development, review, and evaluation of law enforcement training programs in support of the evolving mission requirements for completeness, accuracy, and compliance.
- Ensuring administrative processes (payroll, purchase and travel cards, budget and record maintenance) are administered in accordance with governing standards and milestones.
- Exercising the full range of supervisory and personnel management authorities and responsibilities in directing work of the division through branch level supervisors while managing and providing supervision and guidance to division staff.
- Planning, developing, organizing, scheduling, and coordinating training courses in the more difficult and complex areas of the program.
- Conferring with staff members, administrative staff, and support sections for the coordination, planning, and development of curriculum and materials.
- Performing service as an instructor, as needed, in addition to the above responsibilities.
- Directing the conduct of special surveys, studies, or investigations in his/her area of training which the FLETC senior management and/or DHS has expressed particular interest.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607902900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.