This position is being announced under FEMA's Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery Employee (CORE) Program. This is a temporary appointment in the Excepted Service, not to exceed 2 years, with the option to extend based on workload and funding availability. Veterans Preference does not apply to the CORE selection process.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as Program Analyst for Region One. Typical assignments include:
- Assisting with the oversight and direction of the Public Assistance Grants Program.
- Coordinating Public Assistance to the affected states, tribes, territories, and communities after a Federal Disaster Declaration.
- Conducting research and analysis required to provide a written response to Public Assistance Grant Program determinations, appeals, and other state/tribal/local government/private non-profit grant management requests.
- Developing written responses to determinations, appeals, and other state/tribal/local government/private non-profit grant management requests in accordance with applicable Public Assistance Program regulations, policy, and guidance.
- Conducting analysis of programs and staff proposals to assure the proper implementation of policy, recommending alternatives or modifications as necessary.
- Collecting and analyzing information to develop guidance for implementing agency standards and evaluating programs.
- Serving as a point of contact for the agency internally and for other federal agencies at large.
- Interpreting and implementing policy, regulations, reports, and position papers.
- Recommending modifications or changes to national policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Providing advice and guidance to implement, manage, or resolve program or policy issues that involve major areas of uncertainty in approach or methodology.
- Preparing short and long-range planning guidance in accordance with broad program policies and objective.
Promotion Potential: Positions filled under Stafford Act regulations generally do not have documented promotion potential; however, dependent on an employee’s ability to perform higher level duties, the continuing need for an employee to perform work associated with a higher level position, and administrative recommendation and approval, promotions may be earned by CORE employees.
Occasional travel - Occasional non-emergency travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607898300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.