Learn more about this agency
For more information on the Department of Justice and the United States Attorneys' Offices, visit http://www.justice.gov/usao/.
The salary range for a GS-7 is $43,683 to $56,790. The salary range contains multiple steps. In most cases, the salary will be set at the starting end of the range for the grade level selected..
As needed, additional positions may be filled using this announcement.
This position is also being announced to All U.S. Citizens and Nationals under 21-LAW-11169907-DE.
If selected for this position, you will join a well-respected team that is responsible for supporting the Administrative Division by providing essential clerical and technical support activities. Typical work assignments will include:
- Makes purchases within the delegated monetary authorization keeping appropriate records. Reviews and reconciles various documents and records and resolves a variety of problems through coordination with vendors.
- Maintains inventory of supplies, reviewing justification and quantity of items requested. Receives supplies and equipment, reviews invoices and ensures all items billed are received.
- Examines incoming transactions such as invoices and vouchers for accuracy and adequacy of supporting documents.
- Maintains property inventory by inputting property/equipment data into an automated database and making adjustments upon acquisition or excessing of property.
- Requests facility and environmental services for facilities and assists in analysis of office space requirements.
- Prepares and ships records to the records center for storage in accordance with regulations.
- Receives and reviews incoming case files selecting appropriate codes to docket the case and based on knowledge of legal process, determines when a case may be closed.
- Receives visitors and telephone calls, controlling access to the office by verifying all visitors are properly cleared and advising caller or visitor to contact the appropriate agency on matters outside the office's purview.
- Controls all aspects of mail operations to include receipt, routing, dispatch and control of communications.
- Initiates background investigations identifying the appropriate form and explaining the process to staff members.
- Produces a wide variety of documents to include creating tables, presentations, and lists of exhibits, utilizing automated software applications.
- Assists in maintaining and acquiring GSA fleet vehicles.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607887700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.