The Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) is accountable to the Nurse Manager of Primary Care Building 1/Building 16. The ANM has 24-hour, 7-days/week shared accountability for the provision and evaluation of patient care in the area/unit and for the management and supervision of staff. This accountability includes the authority to accept, amend, or reject the work of subordinates in Primary Care (1/16), Day-time Clinical Call Center, and the Weekends, Holidays, Evenings, and Nights Program (WHEN).Learn more about this agency
The Assistant Nurse Manager (Primary Care Building 1):
- Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work.
- Evaluates the performance of subordinates.
- Makes recommendations for appointments, advancements, or reassignments of subordinates.
- Gives advice, counsel, or instruction to subordinate personnel on work and administrative matters.
- Hears and resolves complaints of subordinates and refers more serious complaints not resolved to higher level supervisors.
- Recommends and/or takes disciplinary action where appropriate.
- Identifies developmental and training needs of subordinates and provides or makes provision for such development and training.
- Maintains accountability for meeting applicable accreditation standards for the Medical Center.
- Actively develops and manages collaborative partnerships with physicians and other clinicians.
- Possesses accountability for maintaining general competencies for this position.
- Possesses the knowledge and skills to properly use equipment and maintain clinical skills applicable to the area of assignment.
- Assigns work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty/requirements of the assignments, and the capabilities of subordinates.
- Possesses responsibility for performance improvement, customer service/patient satisfaction, patient and employee safety, interviewing applicants, employee relations, standards of care and practice, the work environment, and accreditation and regulatory standards.
- Demonstrates management practices that include effective labor and performance management leadership skills and clinical skills of a registered nurse at the same grade.
- Provides organizational performance improvement oversight to ensure positive patient outcomes and staff and patient satisfaction.
Pay Schedule: NF23
Work Schedule: Various TOD,Typically M-F but may be required to work other to complete mission
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607870600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.