This position is in the Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service.Learn more about this agency
This is an interdisciplinary job announcement and may be used to fill vacancies by any series listed below:
0801 - General Engineer
0854 - Computer Engineering Series
1515 - Operations Research Series
1529 - Mathematical Statistics Series
1550 - Computer Science Series
1. Serves as a Technical Advisor for the development of strategies policies, programs, and partnerships to further the DoD's artificial intelligence mission.
2. Leverages best practices from industry and academia, to provide thought leadership, technical advisement and consultation to the JAIC for the development and coordination of innovative strategies, policies, and initiatives advance National and DoD artificial intelligence objectives.
3. Maintains cognizance of relevant public policy artificial intelligence trends and developments. Analyzes complex and highly visible legislative and regulatory changes that have an impact on the Department's artificial intelligence mission, accounting for issues such as technical feasibility, regulatory limitations, and intangible political considerations for DoD and national mission initiatives.
4. Provides technical recommendations and guidance for responding to complex artificial intelligence issues.
5. Develops reports that reflect an in-depth analysis and interpretation of policy matters involving relevant data science, and artificial intelligence issues.
6. Presents expert analysis, as well as advice to senior leadership on the impact of highly visible or controversial artificial intelligence policy actions.
7. Provides technical expertise and advisement for the development and coordination of DoD issuances, Secretary of Defense guidance memoranda and provides input to other strategic documents, such as Defense Planning Guidance, on artificial intelligence technical policy, ethics, standards, and other issues as appropriate.
8. Provides technical expertise for the development of policies governing technical standards for AI in the areas of data management, Artificial intelligence safety, security, assurance, test and evaluation, and verification and validation of algorithms.
9. Develops and coordinates DoD positions in support of interagency policy meetings on matters pertaining to artificial intelligence and machine learning, including White House-led meetings.
10. Builds linkages and fosters joint projects and efforts of mutual interest across the Government, Academia, and Industry.
11. Serves as a technical expert in AI technical standards working groups across the DoD, US interagency, and the international community.
12. Performs other duties as may be assigned by the JAIC Deputy Director and Directorate Director.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607869700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.