This position is in the Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service.Learn more about this agency
This is an interdisciplinary job announcement and may be used to fill vacancies by any series listed below:
0801 - General Engineer
0854 - Computer Engineering Series
1515 - Operations Research Series
1529 - Mathematical Statistics Series
1550 - Computer Science Series
1. Serves as a widely recognized technical advisor and authority on AI system architecture strategy and design to support the development and delivery of artificial intelligence and machine learning products to operational users.
2. Leverages best practices from industry and academia to inform the JAIC's product development strategy, methodology, and implementation strategy, especially with regard to AI system architecture strategy and design.
3. Provides technical recommendations and AI system architecture guidance for enhancing the JAIC's product development roadmap and delivery timelines. Advise product teams on how to best execute and manage the artificial intelligence and machine learning product roadmap that can be shared internally across DoD and externally with allies, partners, industry, and academia.
4. Applies extensive knowledge of system architecture and its relation to artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data science concepts, methodology, techniques, and technologies to design and enhance the design of existing technical product specifications that need to be deployed for artificial intelligence and machine learning products.
5. Provides consultation and advisement on the development, system architecture, engineering, and integration of AI-based products; interprets and advises on studies, analyses and evaluations of the information systems plans, programs, projects, networks, policies, and procedures as they relate to AI.
6. Collaborates with other Technical Experts across the Department and the JAIC to identify solutions and architectures for mission-focused problems that are leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities. Leverages best practice research to develop and recommend architectural approaches and solutions for artificial intelligence and machine learning solutions and business cases.
7. Provides technical expertise to assist DoD and JAIC stakeholders with applying the operational value and outcomes of artificial intelligence and machine learning products across their organizations.
8. Provides product leadership for AI-focused public-private partnerships and open missions with academia and industry; focus on aligning efforts, jointly identifying, analyzing, and accelerating the delivery of promising near-term capabilities, and identifying opportunities for partnership in the areas of artificial intelligence and machine learning; ensures a strong technical understanding across the DoD Enterprise regarding system architectures supporting artificial intelligence and machine learning products, to include data flows, infrastructure, and system design involved in building and delivering the products to end users.
9. Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Deputy Director, JAIC.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607867900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.