The Agricultural Research Service (ARS) is the United States Department of Agriculture's chief scientific research agency and one of the world's premiere scientific organizations. ARS Postdoctoral Research Associates are hired to supplement a lead scientist's research on agricultural problems of high national priority affecting American agriculture.Learn more about this agency
**ANNOUNCEMENT IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED OR July 18, 2022**
- The incumbent will conduct postharvest quality studies and development of light emitting diodes (LEDs) technology to enhance chilling tolerance of tomato fruit.
- Perform experiments on tomato responses to light emitting diodes (LEDs).
- Physical, chemical and sensory analysis of tomato fruit grown under LEDs and treated by chilling temperature.
- Plant physiological mechanism analysis by using molecular biological methods.
- Interpret transcriptomic and metabolomic data and write research reports.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607865800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.