This position is in the Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service.Learn more about this agency
This is an interdisciplinary job announcement and may be used to fill vacancies by any series listed below:
0801 - General Engineer
0854 - Computer Engineering Series
1515 - Operations Research Series
1529 - Mathematical Statistics Series
1550 - Computer Science Series
1. Serves as a JAIC's Technical Expert and Advisor for all artificial intelligence and machine learning technology systems, processes, software design and development projects and initiatives.
2. Leverages commercial industry expertise to serve as the technical authority for the development and delivery of artificial intelligence and machine learning technology solutions for operational users.
3. Provides advisement and consultation on the JAIC's artificial intelligence and machine learning strategy for technology platforms, partnerships and external relationships.
4. Applies extensive knowledge of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data science concepts, methodology, and techniques to design and enhance the design of existing technical specifications that need to be deployed for artificial intelligence and machine learning technology solutions.
5. Provides consultation and advisement on the development, engineering, and integration of artificial intelligence and machine learning-based technological capabilities.
6. Provide expertise in the implementation and engineering support of artificial intelligence and machine learning systems to include solving relevant technical and programmatic problems and assessing the technical feasibility of commercial solutions.
7. Collaborates with other Technical Experts across the Department and the JAIC to identify new mission-focused problems that can be solved with artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities.
8. Leverages best practice research to develop and recommend artificial intelligence and machine learning technology solutions and business cases.
9. Provides technical expertise to assist DoD and JAIC stakeholders with applying the operational value and outcomes of artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies across their organizations.
10. Performs other duties as may be assigned by the JAIC Deputy Director.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607863600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.