This position is in the Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service.Learn more about this agency
This is an interdisciplinary job announcement and may be used to fill vacancies by any series listed below:
0801 - General Engineer
0854 - Computer Engineering Series
1515 - Operations Research Series
1529 - Mathematical Statistics Series
1550 - Computer Science Series
1. Serves as a widely recognized technical advisor and authority for the development and implementation of test, assessment, and evaluation methodologies for artificial intelligence and machine learning systems.
2. Leverages best practices from industry and academia to inform the test design activities for verification and validation of artificial intelligence and machine learning systems and solutions in conjunction with the JAIC Cross Functional Teams.
3. Applies extensive knowledge of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data science concepts, methodology, techniques, and technologies to design and enhance the design of existing technical product specifications that need to be deployed for artificial intelligence and machine learning systems.
4. Provides expertise, advisement, and consultation for the JAIC's Test and Evaluation Master Plans (TEMP) for JAIC funded efforts.
5. Performs independent analysis leading to unique analytical research proposals and studies that recommend alternative courses of action to senior JAIC officials.
6. Identifies the technical risk in testing of projects, particularly for assessing the limitations of planned tests on complex artificial intelligence and machine learning systems.
7. Applies technical mathematic, statistics and engineering expertise to translate operational requirements for artificial intelligence and machine learning systems to testing requirements.
8. Initiates and develops methods to assess the end-to-end systems performance using operational measurements or other available test beds in order that end-to-end performance objectives are met. Formulates and quantifies measures of effectiveness as a basis for comparing product and system configuration alternatives.
9. Provides technical advisement for the formulation of the technical approaches, selection of the tools, diagnostics methods for solving the customer problems utilizing in a timely manner.
10. Maintains cognizance of leading artificial intelligence and machine learning systems design and performance analysis models, algorithms and tools.
11. Ensures all the functional and performance analysis models developed reflect the operational performance requirements for DoD artificial intelligence and machine learning systems.
12. Serves as the JAIC's Representative for technical exchange meetings (TEM) with industry and academic institutions to assess the operational relevance and technical quality of their T&E technology.
13. Serves as a liaison and technical expert to other government, industrial and international organizations to maintain an awareness of current status and future potential for the use of artificial intelligence and machine learning in the DoD.
14. Performs other duties as may be assigned by the JAIC Deputy Director and Directorate Director.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607859300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.