Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.Learn more about this agency
This position is located at the National Operations Center, within the Division of Resource Services, in Lakewood, Colorado. Information about the Lakewood area can be found here.
We expect to fill one vacancy at this time; however, additional positions may be filled from this announcement if they become available.
- Perform and guide data analysis to determine condition and trend of habitats and aquatic resources.
- Perform statistical procedure and data analysis to study and analyze the conditions and trends of the chemical, physical, and biological components of aquatic resources.
- Analyze aquatic resource monitoring and assessment data at multiple scales; taking into account the underlying sampling design and associated statistical assumptions.
- Perform geospatial analyses to relate land uses within a watershed to observed condition.
- Provide analysis, interpretation, conclusive recommendations, and reporting to a wide-range of audiences from field staff and managers to peers to senior executives.
- Design and provide guidance to implement aquatic resource/habitat surveys in compliance with BLM policy and to assess both the attainment of beneficial uses and factors associated with non-attainment.
- Design and manages statistically-valid survey designs for aquatic resources/habitats.
- Advise field offices regarding all aspects of data collection, including staffing needs, study design, protocol interpretation, training, field logistics, and data analysis.
- Document analyses, study procedures, and other pertinent information in a format that is suitable for publication and future reference by others.
- Coordinate with other state, federal, and regulatory agencies regarding program development, integration, and data analysis.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for up to seven days a month in this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607857000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.