Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? Visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
WHAT IS THE RESEARCH, APPLIED ANALYTICS, AND STATISTICS (RAAS) DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Serves as a technical expert with responsibility for the initiation, planning, implementation, controlling, modifying and executing of all or part of an entire project, including such tasks as formulation of workload estimates for program segments, specification of the methodology to be used, preparation of appropriate specifications and procedures, and review of computer systems specifications and materials and instructions needed for assuring the adequacy of the project's design and objectives. Explores novel methods of retrieving data and develops innovative recommendations to management and senior leadership as a means for making data driven decisions which may result in a modification of policies and/or processes. Reviews, evaluates, validates, and documents the results of the findings. Provides highly technical advice to the all levels of management throughout the Agency as needed.
- Takes a leadership role in the development of policy and guidance, and development of recommendations to improve the effectiveness of the organization. Actively assists in the implementation of administrative and technical decisions and ensures accomplishment of the desired results.
- Formulates policies, develops program plans, designs and issues directives and instructions, and develops recommendations to improve business systems policy to business executives.
- As a technical expert on guidelines and policies, the incumbent interprets, develops, adapts, and coordinates analytical reviews of new policies, procedures, and program requirements of the Service and their impact on Service wide operations and resources. Accordingly, the incumbent advises and negotiates acceptance of conflicting issues with management in the formulation of specific policies. Applies and disseminates newly developed or revised policies and procedures for use as appropriate for use throughout the Service.
- Supports senior managers and executives in assessing impact of new or modified program requirements. Analyzes new or proposed legislation, regulations, or other authoritative guidance to determine impact on program operations. Identifies and analyzes critical problems and issues, the timing and sequence of key program events and milestones. Anticipates any adverse impact on budget and/or work plans. Develops innovative solutions, documents findings and conclusions, and makes presentations.
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights per month
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607850600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.