The incumbent serves as the Editor and Team Leader for the Hub/Real Time News Desk, located in the Voice of America News Center. He/she is responsible for reviewing and evaluating news sources and developments for timely news coverage and updates for distribution on multiple platforms - digital, TV, radio, social. The incumbent works under the supervision of the Hub/Duty Editor to set priorities and dead lines for stories that are of relevance to a global audience.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Under the guidance of the Hub/Duty Editor, oversees the writing, reporting, editing and posting to voanews.com and VOA social platforms of all news products and ensures they are accurate, authoritative, comprehensive and balanced; ensures that program content follows VOA Charter guidelines and is appropriate to the media needs of the target audience and the needs of program distributors.
- Ensures that the organization's strategy and mission are communicated to the team and integrated into the team's strategies, goals, objectives, work assignments.
- Communicates and articulates team assignments. Leads the Hub/Real Time News Desk reporters, writers, web editors, social media team and producers in identifying, distributing, and balancing work assignments; makes adjustments to meet deadlines.
- Ensures breaking news is immediately posted on social media platforms, monitors social posting quality and accuracy.
- Acts as TV editor, Assignment Editor, Beat team leader, or coverage editor if those editors and leaders are not working. Can edit and assign reporters and correspondents as news requires in the absence of those editors. Works in close coordination with all News Center assigning editors.
- This position requires working weekends, evenings and overnights*
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607840800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.