About the Position: The incumbent will serve as a Mechanical Engineer (Energy/Economic Analysis) for The Department of Public Works (DPW) in Fort Sill, OK.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as a liaison between various divisions of Public Works, the Corps of Engineers, upper level management, and various tenants and customers.
- Perform complete in-house energy audits of existing facilities for energy and water usage.
- Provide supporting documentation for recommendations to change existing plans in view of existing and projected capabilities and needs.
- Provide audit updates, information, and briefings as required to command level.
- Determine appropriate method(s) to implement the Energy Management Control System (EMCS) and integrate it into Fort Sill's Energy and Water Master Plan.
- Ensure metering data is accurately collected and recorded by the Meter Data Management System.
- Prepare life cycle costs analysis following NIST Handbook 135 guidelines.
- Prepare sketches, plans, and technical or performance specifications to include in the SOWs.
- Meet with architect-engineer personnel to provide general direction and resolve differences.
- Plan for and participate in the Garrison Energy Council.
- Represent the organization at events, meetings, and conferences as required.
- Provide technical advice regarding energy, water, and utilities on all projects.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607823100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.