***This announcement has been amended to extend the closing date.***
This Title 42 position is located in the Office of Research and Development (ORD), Center for Computational Toxicology and Exposure, Biomolecular and Computational Toxicology Division. If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement. About ORD: https://www.epa.gov/aboutepa/about-office-research-and-development-ordLearn more about this agency
The Office of Research and Development’s (ORD) Center for Computational Toxicology and Exposure is a scientific organization responsible for carrying out EPA's mission to support public health and environmental decisions by providing solutions-driven research to rapidly evaluate the potential human health and environmental risk associated with exposures to environmental stressors and ensure the integrity of the freshwater environment and its capacity to support human well-being. The Biomolecular and Computational Toxicology Division (BCTD) expands and refines the development and use of new approach methods for evaluating chemicals for health effects. BCTD develops and uses high-throughput assays, complex cell culture systems, alternative species models and computational and informatics approaches to transform the components of chemical risk assessment with a focus on human health. BCTD research aims to broaden the acceptance and implementation of these new approaches in support of regulatory decisions.
Specific duties include:
- Managing the strategic planning of the Division’s research related to toxicology, computational modeling, and bioinformatics.
- Exercising supervisory personnel management responsibilities as a second line supervisor across the Division which includes first line supervisors and direct reports.
- Managing staff to implement an integrated research program that applies systematic investigation of theory, experimentation, and computer modeling to environmental research related to the Division’s mission.
- Serving as the lead for communicating the impact of the Division’s research program both to partners within the Agency and to entities outside the Agency.
- Developing and maintaining close working relationships with the ORD Centers and Offices to ensure that an integrated research program is developed and implemented.
- Assuring the timely and effective dissemination of the Division’s outputs to the appropriate user community and that the implications of such findings are communicated to the appropriate Agency officials.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607821900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.