The purpose of the position is to perform a wide range of work involving refrigeration cycle of a variety of commercial and industrial systems to locate and check elements for low and high side pressure, temperature of cooling units, temperatures of liquid and suctions lines and various mechanisms. Must be able to perform trouble shooting, have the ability to install, repair, overhaul and assemble A/C and refrigeration components and systems. Required to read and utilize engineering drawings.Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for repairing, maintaining, and modifying packaged and window air conditioning units, air handling units, chillers, heat pumps, basic pneumatic controls and associated humidity and temperature controls, electric air filters, compressors, flex ducts. gauges, exhaust and ventilation systems, vacuum pumps, air compressors, medical air compressors, air cleaners and associated equipment
- Conducts a variety of tests on malfunctioning A/C systems to determine causes of problems
- Checks airflow across evaporator coils, air supply and return ducts to determine efficiency of air conditioning systems
- Installs compressors, evaporators, motors, condensers, and associated parts in A/C equipment; testing for leaks, replace copper tubing or capillary tubes by cutting, flaring, sweating, soldering, and/or working with various fittings
- Installs air dryers, pressure reducing valves and pneumatic controls; must be able to test, evaluate, service ad calibrate air conditioning systems, vacuum pumps, air compressors, medical air compressors and air cleaners
- Responsible for servicing, troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining, or modification of medical and dietetic refrigerators, walk-in-coolers, cold tables, ice stations and ultra low temperature lab freezers
- Must be skilled at using generalized hand and power tools common to all trades. Some of the specialized tools and test equipment that must be adept at using are: Tachometer, volt-ohm meter, amp probe, halide torch, liquid lead detector, refrigerant gauges, super heat thermometer, anemometer, manometer, oxygen-acetylene welding torch, flaring tools, wat meter and meggar, pipe threader flow meter and charts, and wheel and bearing pullers.
- Responsible for performing and completing assignments according to the specifications and so hat materials will not be wasted
Work Schedule: 7:45 a.m. -4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Air Cond Equip Mechanic/PD007233
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607813600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.