This position is located in the National Zoological Park (NZP), Smithsonian Institution (SI). The employee is responsible for performing a variety of duties that ensure the proper care, feeding, exhibition, and propagation of a collection of Asian elephants.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement.Learn more about this agency
- Provides for the daily care of Asian elephants in the collection.
- Actively participates in the training and enrichment programs for Asian elephants.
- Receives, inspects, stores, prepares, and issues food and dietary supplements, forage, and bedding materials;
- Monitors Asian elephants for symptoms of illness, injuries, or other unusual conditions; and reports observations.
- Connects with visitors regarding animal natural history, conservation programs, natural habitats, status in the wild, care and feeding of Asian elephants and other topics of interest.
- Assists professional and scientific personnel in carrying out studies of animal collections.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607800700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.