This announcement is under the Direct-Hire authority for positions for which there is a critical hiring need.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Department of Commerce, National Telecommunications and Information Administration, Institute for Telecommunication Sciences (ITS), Boulder County, Colorado. The incumbent will work alongside engineers in implementing complex telecommunication and propagation modeling algorithms and developing complete radio frequency software web-based systems,
The responsibility of the position will be to work alongside senior engineers in implementing complex telecommunication and propagation modeling algorithms and developing complete radio frequency software web-based systems. Qualified candidates will demonstrate the ability, knowledge, and skills to perform the following duties:
- Manage software projects by creating project proposals, providing status reports, keeping projects on schedule, and providing clear communication to stakeholders, team members, and senior management.
- Lead technical teams by planning, designing, validating, and verifying a complete software solution by identifying skillsets, assigning and monitoring tasks, and handling conflicts using a team-based approach.
- Create full software stack solutions including web front-end development, database storage and management systems, application deployment, and technical support.
- Develop software implementations using a variety of software languages, applications, and frameworks.
- Design, develop, and adapt mathematical models, statistical methods, and computer science techniques to solve complex technical problems.
- Use oral and written communication skills to present project results at technical conferences, sponsor status briefings, and team meetings.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607716500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.