This position is within the Division of Epidemiology and Disease Prevention (DEDP), Office of Public Health Support (OPHS), Indian Health Service in Rockville, Maryland. The incumbent supports DEDP mission to collect, manage, analyze, and report on IHS, Tribal, and Urban Indian epidemiologic and disease surveillance data and data collections systems. The position reports to the Chief, Infectious Disease Branch, DEDP.Learn more about this agency
- Design, develop, and deploy public health informatics tools, to enable surveillance and population-based studies of health status.
- Develop and evaluate a decision support system for disease surveillance and disease reporting that capitalizes on integrated heterogeneous data sources provided by federal, regional and tribal health organizations.
- Write, debug, and maintain computer code using standardized languages for analyzing public health information; determine and iterate output elements and formats based on end-user requirements.
- Establish and/or apply appropriate data security provisions and protocols to enable access to and maintenance of public health data and personal health information.
- Develop professional documentation of work performed for both internal and external audiences including technical presentations, as well as, peer reviewed and non-peer reviewed publications.
- Conduct assessments of the public health informatics environment, synthesize pertinent information and identify implications for planning and development; provide expert support for routine data collection.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607713900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.