This position is in the Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It is being recruited under 10 U.S.C. 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service (CES) personnel system. Positions in the Cyber Excepted Service are positions necessary to carry out and support the mission of the United States Cyber Command.Learn more about this agency
It is in the Professional Work Category at the Senior Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure. It is located in the DISA JAIC.
- Develops, tests, deploys and updates machine learning (ML) models trained on structured and unstructured (big) data sources in both on-premise and cloud-native environments.
- Collaborates with data engineers, data scientists and infrastructure engineers to develop and deploy data and model pipelines, applying ML and data science techniques in design distributed and large-scale processing systems.
- Serves as a senior expert and source of guidance on the proper use of modeling and simulation techniques.
- Performs AI research/engineering outreach to ensure best ML modeling practices are leveraged in AI solution design and product development, to include having an understanding of AI technology maturity.
- Demonstrates applied understanding of natural language processing (NLP), computer vision (CV), decision networks, neural networks, autonomous systems, and other ML-based regression and classification methodologies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607706600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.