In this position, you will serve as an Attorney Adviser in the Enforcement Division in the Office of General Counsel (OGC) at the Federal Election Commission. You will work under an Assistant General Counsel providing legal advice, analysis, and research in any of the following duty areas: compliance, investigations, legal review, regulations/policy, or other similar areas.Learn more about this agency
This is a bargaining unit position.
As the Attorney Adviser in this position, you will:
- Analyze a large range of complex enforcement matters generated internally or by complaints filed by the public alleging violations of the Act.
- Write legal reports, memoranda, and briefs.
- Deliver oral presentations to the Commission in support of recommended actions.
- Conduct investigations that include interviews, depositions, and requests for documents.
- Conduct conciliation discussions with Respondents, most often through their counsel.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607706500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.