For more information on the Department of Justice and the United States Attorneys' Offices, visit http://www.justice.gov/usao/.Learn more about this agency
As needed, additional positions may be filled using this announcement.
If selected for this position you will serve as a trainee Legal Administrative Specialist (Litigation Support) responsible for performing technical work to support the litigation needs of the United States Attorney's Office (USAO). Duties include a variety of automated support necessary to prepare, organize, index, develop, and manage exhibits, evidence and data relevant to cases presented before a jury, grand jury, or in other legal proceedings. Typical work assignments will include:
- Provide assistance to litigation teams on legal automation requirements;
- Applies basic knowledge of Federal Criminal and Civil procedures;
- Work with Assistant United States Attorney's, investigators, federal agents and support staff;
- Assists and/or trains attorneys and legal support staff in organizing voluminous case information for efficient retrieval through automated systems;
- Performs automated litigation support functions and monitors system use and response time;
- Works with IT staff in diagnosing and resolving litigation support computer system problems;
- Maintains inventory and tracking for a variety of litigation support equipment.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607684300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.