This position is located in a Forest Service Washington Office (WO) unit, or a WO detached unit. The incumbent is responsible for formal advertising and negotiation activities involved in the procurement of supplies, services, or equipment to meet the requirements of the agency.Learn more about this agency
2 Positions will be filled from this announcement one position at each duty station. See "How to Apply" for contact information for each duty station.
- Responsibilities are listed at the full-performance level.
- Develop solicitation packages that incorporate program requirements, ensuring contract language is clear, understandable and will promote competition.
- Perform market research, including analyzing market trends, conditions, product availabilities and possible vendors.
- As a technical expert, advise management, customers, and contractors related to the market, industry, specifications, and socioeconomic concerns.
- Awards or recommends award in accordance with delegated authority.
- Conduct pre-work conference to assure adequate understanding of terms, provisions, and general requirements of the contract.
- Coordinate with industry associations and/or the Small Business Administration in efforts to expand competition.
- Negotiate price, contract specifications, delivery dates, incentives, and other terms of conditions.
- Analyze requirements and resolve major differences in the interpretation of the statement of work / performance work statement.
- Review contractor requests for deviations to contract terms or specifications and determine action to be taken.
- Gather facts and negotiate or make final decisions regarding a variety of contractor disputes or claims over contract terms of specifications.
- Manage all aspects of varying types and complexities of contracts, determining methods of contracting, milestones, and procurement plans.
- Evaluate contractor?s bid/offer responsiveness or cost/price proposals to ensure procurements are from responsible sources and obtained at fair and reasonable prices.
- Make necessary inspections to ensure contractor compliance with contract provisions and ensure CORs are properly executing their duties and responsibilities.
- Prepare timely responses to data calls, Congressional inquiries, Freedom of Information Act requests, or other sensitive correspondence.
- Develop solicitations, that include written specifications, quantities, logistic requirements, and delivery conditions.
- Prepare required determinations and findings and other justifications for contract award.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607682200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.