Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to facilitate all aspects of the external sponsorship of research and educational programs in support of AFIT's mission.
- Integrates the "pre-award" project activities of the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs. Reviews/submits research proposals and oversees technology transfer functions, including Cooperative Research and Development Agreements.
- Integrates the "post-award" activities of the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs. Leads Resource Advisors to execute sponsor funds and manage project financial accounts.
- Develops and manages the Sponsored Programs Business Plan, including annual establishment of incremental direct cost rates and regular review of funding execution.
- Coordinates with other AFIT offices including personnel, academic affairs, and financial management to facilitate sponsor funding of 10-month civilian faculty intersessionals, research overhires, and other matters.
- Negotiates details of non-standard Interagency Agreements, Support Agreements, and other agreements, ensuring appropriate legal reviews of all actions.
- Responds to requests for sponsor program information from federal and state higher education agencies in addition to Air Force entities, integrating data from multiple EN and AFIT offices.
- Instructs faculty and staff on topics including technology transfer procedures, proposal preparation, use of electronic research administration tools, budget management, and compliance issues such as Institutional Research Board requirements for human subjects research.
- Represents AFIT at regional and national meetings of institutional directors of sponsored research and programs to gather and disseminate information regarding best professional practices.
- Supervises personnel as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607668300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.