The Northeast Ohio VA Healthcare System is seeking a full-time Cardiac Surgeon in the Surgical and Perioperative Care Service Line. The incumbent should be a mid-career level surgeon with at least 5 years of independent surgical practice prior to application.Learn more about this agency
The Northeast Ohio VA Healthcare System is seeking a full-time Cardiac Surgeon in the Surgical and Perioperative Care Service Line at the Louis Stokes Cleveland VAMC. The incumbent should be a mid-career level surgeon with at least 5 years of independent surgical practice prior to application. The incumbent is expected to have extensive experience in performing open heart surgery, including implantation, acute mechanical circulatory support devices ( ECMO, Impella) Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) program, and other cardiovascular procedures. He/she will be responsible for the clinical and surgical needs of inpatients and outpatients in the Cardio-Thoracic Surgery section.
While the position is for a full-time surgeon, the incumbent will also conduct and lead research activities as part of his/her responsibilities in the Division. Our Division is an active clinical outcomes research program. We work with regional Colleges mentoring master's level students in public health and the incumbent will be responsible for leading this endeavor and supervising these students. The incumbent should be at least at the academic position of Associate Professor with the credentials, publications and experience present to possibly apply for a Professorship position in the recent future. As chair of our research program, the incumbent should also have knowledge and established evidence of advanced statistical skills. A desire and ability to apply for intramural VA will be a desirable benefit.
VA offers a comprehensive total rewards package. VHA Physician Total Rewards.
Pay: Competitive salary, annual performance bonus, regular salary increases
Paid Time Off: 49-54 days of annual paid time offer per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, 10 paid Federal holidays per year and possible 5 day paid absence for CME)
Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years vesting) and federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VA
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement)
Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State or territory
CME: Possible $1,000 per year reimbursement
Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage provided
Contract: No Physician Employment Contract and no significant restriction on moonlighting
Major Duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing care of Veteran patients in the Cardio-Thoracic Surgery service.
- Responsible for the development, administration and process, assignment, education, and evaluation of all students and resident programs within the service.
- Facilitating professional development of personnel throughout the service.
- Responsible for outlining the service's workflow processes, procedures, protocol and policies within regulatory guidelines.
- Ensuring quality assurances of the service and the delivery of healthcare.
- Participating in various committees, like the IRB etc.
- Responsible for the scopes of practices and competences including their oversight for all personnel assigned to the service.
- Lead researchers in the divisional clinical research program. Work with other faculty to provide support for their own research studies.
- Actively pursue clinical outcomes research and apply for VA grants. Work with other divisions on closely aligned research areas.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607667500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.