This position is located in Smithsonian Institution’s Office of Smithsonian Facilities (SF), Office of Facilities Management and Reliability (OFMR). The incumbent for this position serves under the general supervision of the Utility Systems Repairer-Operator (USRO) Supervisor. The employee is responsible for serving as a principal advisor to the USRO Supervisor on a variety of Zone activities and operations.Learn more about this agency
- Provides input to and participates in the development of plans and activities designed to ensure productivity and cost effectiveness and identifies problems and provides solutions that increase productivity, reduce costs and improve skills utilization and customer relationships.
- Serves as working leader, setting the work pace for skilled mechanics and performing skilled trade or maintenance work as needed and provides guidance and leadership in the absence of the supervisor.
- Leads and instructs coworkers on difficult work operations. Reviews work in progress and suggests necessary adjustments in plans and assignments.
- Participates and assures compliance with OSHEM and OFMR safety program.
- Uses facility management computer software system for work order management and reporting.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607650100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.