This position is being recruited under 10 USC 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It has been identified as a position necessary to carry out and support the mission of the US Cyber Command.Learn more about this agency
It is in the Professional Work Category at the Senior Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure. It is located in the DISA CAPABILITY DELIVERY DIVISIONCAPABILITY DELIVERY DIVISION (CS4), MacDill AFB, FL.
- Provides DISA program management direction, often with little or no precedence, to satisfy the dynamic telecommunications requirements of the DoD, USCENTCOM Commander, Service Components, other government agencies, and federal agencies;
- Represents the division, DISA and DISA Central at meetings, conferences, working groups, and panels with higher echelon, military departments, other agencies, and commercial companies on matters pertinent to optical and IP networks;
- Plans, configures, installs, and integrates managed networked systems used for the transmission of information in voice, data, video, and/or AISR formats;
- Function as a project/team lead and as such will be responsible for tasks of subordinate members of the team synchronizing DISA HQ program/project manager execution with the customer;
- Assess new communications systems requirements, capabilities, performance deficiencies, interoperability requirements, and identify technology enhancements applicable to information transfer services being provided by the Enterprise Infrastructure;
- Participates in development of policies, concepts and techniques for accommodating military and civilian agency requirements as part of the DISN integration and optimization projects.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607601100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.