The incumbent in this position serves as a Supervisory Information Technology Specialist within the Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO), Health Product Support (HPS), on a team in either the Healthcare Management Product Support (HMPS) Division or Clinical Product Support (CPS) Division.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
OPM Cyber Code 803- Product Support Manager
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
This is a non-bargaining unit position
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position. If selected, you will work remotely from your home
Position Description Title/PD#: Supervisory IT Specialist/ PD12194A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is primarily sedentary. There are no special physical demands for this position.
Supervisory Probationary Period: Applicants selected for this position may be required to serve a one-year supervisory probationary period. Failure to successfully complete the supervisory probationary period will result in the employee being reassigned to a position in the agency of no lower grade and pay than the one the employee left to accept the supervisory or managerial position.Major Duties:
- Manage program/project management and systems lifecycle to include: Acquisition, development, modifications, enhancement, deployment or decommissioning of product, service or system which may consist of one or more Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS), Software as a Service (SaaS), and/or internally developed software business application technologies
- Provide support for the business lines with technical requirements definition, test planning and functional and user acceptance testing and provide liaison support to the office of cyber security for certification and accreditation of developed software
- Provide management oversight for IT program plans, procedures, implementing guidance and established processes and business practices to resolve a diverse range of critical and complex problems
- Manage the implementation of program and project plans to meet planned IT system solution objectives
- Ensure that project management quality standards, tools and techniques governing all aspects of application development, systems support and research and development activity are defined and implemented across the system with the goal of ensuring uniformity and consistency of components
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position up to 20% of the time
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607590700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.