You will serve as the Department Chief Engineer (CHENG) in the Littoral & Mine Warfare Systems Department at NAVSURFWARFCTR PANAMA CITY DIVISION.Learn more about this agency
This position is part of the Warfare Centers Personnel Demonstration Project. The ND-5 pay band encompasses positions equivalent to GS-14 and GS-15.
- You will champion implementation and sustainment of processes, methods, and tools for technical competencies .
- You will serve as senior reviewer of technical risks for Department programs, to include risks associated with design, development and test and evaluation, using principles, methods, and tools available for risk assessment and mitigation.
- You will conduct independent reviews, make sound recommendations and decisions and accept responsibility for decisions.
- You will lead the resolution of significant technical problems and ensure that lessons learned are developed, disseminated and exploited.
- You will develop new insights into situations and apply innovative solutions to make organizational improvements and, design and implement new or cutting-edge programs/processes.
- You will provide technical leadership in a frontier area which influences major projects, proposals, and direction of major work and serve as a recognized expert and technical authority whose ideas form a basis for research or development.
- You will engage and coordinate department representation in external technical activities and/or workgroups that address complex system acquisition, engineering, technical milestone review boards, and/or development improvement initiatives.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607557400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.