THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a PUBLIC AFFAIRS SPECIALIST - T5, Position Description Number T5276000 and is part of the WI JFHQ, Wisconsin National Guard.
- Serves as the JFHQ-State Public Affairs Officer, directly reporting to the Adjutant General (TAG).
- Serves as the official spokesperson for the Adjutant General on controversial and complex issues before the representatives of the print and broadcast media and national organizations (i.e., Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Department of Army (DA), Department of Air Force DAF), etcand national organizations, such as Sierra Club, Nature Conservancy, NGAUS, etc.), the general public and special interest groups.
- Accurately and promptly responds, in written and oral form, to information requests from the public and queries from the news media.
- The JFHQ-State PAO interacts and coordinates with multiple state and federal homeland defense and homeland security agencies, to include the state's emergency response departments and various federal agencies (i.e., Department of Energy (DOE), FEMA, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Transportation Safety Administration (TSA), DHS).
- Provides expertise, assistance and consultation to the TAG and state National Guard field offices in initiating and maintaining effective working relationships with the general public, specialized groups, the news media and community and governmental entities using National Guard capabilities and services in support of state or federal homeland defense missions.
- The JFHQ-State PAO is responsible for the content of any and all publicly accessible NG websites emanating in the state, or units usually assigned in the state. The PAO provides security review and approves any graphics, photos, and text before it can be posted to any NG website (DoD Directive 5230.9 Section 4.2).
- Provides professional, seasoned analysis and advice to the Adjutant General, the TAG's staff and senior state National Guard leadership.
- Supervises and/or oversees a subordinate work force of state and federal military and civilian personnel in the JFHQ-State Public Affairs Office and/or the field or unit PAOs.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607551700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.