This position is located in the Office of Ship Operations, Office of the Deputy Associate Administrator for Federal Sealift, Office of the Associate Administrator for Strategic Sealift, Maritime Administration (MARAD). This position is established to serve as a primary managing field official for all ship operations, repair, conversion, and other industrial projects for assigned ships and/or projects.Learn more about this agency
As a Marine Surveyor, you will:
- Serve as the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) or Assistant Contracting Officer’s Representative (ACOR), for Ship Managers Contracts and General Agency Agreements (AA’s) in accordance with the terms and conditions delegated by the Point of Contact to Authorized Contracting Officer (PCO/ACO) in a Letter of Assignment.
- Possess and maintain currency in all matters concerning marine surveying, engineering, and related technological developments in the maritime industry.
- Provide technical evaluations of all potential contractors, including pre-contract surveys of facilities and technical capabilities of companies, and conducts post-contract evaluations, and assists in the resolution of shipyard disputes.
- Prepare maintenance and repair cost estimates in order to budget and allot funds appropriate for Maritime Academy State Training ships if assigned.
- Review input from Ship Manager/General Agents on repair cost estimates, vessel repair specifications, and Activation / operations/lay-up cost estimates.
- Determine the scope of work orders and monitor their execution, determine quality of service/products delivered under contract, monitor contract technical compliance, and receive and accept contract/agreement deliverables.
- Witness all technical tests and inspections required by USGC/ABS; demonstrations to prove repairs and all Phase M Maintenance procedures.
The ideal candidate is a senior level individual with experience in the management of ship operations, repair, conversion, and industrial projects for assigned ship and/or projects.
PLEASE NOTE - There are only 2 locations for the positions: Beaumont, TX or Norfolk, VA.
25% or less - You will travel to field sites and aboard vessels that are underway during sea trials.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607543500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.