This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.Learn more about this agency
About the Position:
The Planning Division is a diverse organization housed within the New England District (NAE). Expertise is in water resources planning, to include: plan formulation, environmental evaluation, cultural resources evaluation, economics, Civil Works Policy, and public involvement.
- Ensure compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act and USACE environmental planning requirements.
- Support the incorporation of environmental features in plans and projects.
- Ensure compliance with other environmental and cultural resource related laws and regulations (e.g. Federal Endangered Species Act, Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act, Essential Fish Habitat regulations, National Historic Preservation Act).
- Obtain coastal zone management and water quality certification approvals for district activities.
- Develop and oversee development of Environmental Assessments (EA), Environmental Impact Statements (EIS), and related studies or activities in compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
- The incumbent supervises a staff of physical scientists, environmental resource specialists, biologists, and archaeologists in the environmental/cultural evaluation of New England District civil works projects and military projects.
- This position serves as chief of the Environmental and Cultural Resources Section.
Occasional travel - Overnight business travel required 5% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607531400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.