The position serves as the senior health economist in the Global Immunization Division, Office of the Director (GID/OD). The incumbent is unique in that he/she serves as GID/OD's technical advisor on health economic issues and on matters related to economic policy and strategy. Under the general direction of the Deputy Director for Science and Program GID.Learn more about this agency
As an Economist: you will:
- Recommend to the GID Director, Deputy and Associate Director of Science and Program activities..
- Provide advice and consultation in regard to economic evaluations to senior scientists and a variety of individuals, groups, and organizations.
- Measure effectiveness of GID activities, this includes measuring the health benefits and social costs of GID activities.
- Identify methodologies to assess the health, monetary, and quality of life relative to program costs.
- Provide leadership and technical assistance for the development of research and evaluation projects; study methodology, and cost-effective interventions; provides technical assistance to facilitate the implementation of study protocols in research settings.
- Maintain expertise in the state of the art regarding economic evaluation analyses.
50% or less - 5% Domestic 25% International
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607517400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.