This position is located at the Immigration Records and Identity Services Directorate, National Records Center Division, National Records Center Executive Staff, FOIA Policy Branch.
As the FOIA Officer you will serve as principal point-of-contact for USCIS Field Offices, the Department of Homeland Security, and other Federal, State, and local agencies and private organizations on disclosure matters and functions as an authority for the Freedom of Information Act/Privacy Act.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as the principal advisor on all matters relating to the public disclosure of information.
- Formulates and implements policy as it relates to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)/Privacy Act (PA).
- Serves as the designated authority to grant or deny requests submitted pursuant to the FOIA/PA.
- Confers and negotiates with top administrative personnel in the Department, the private sector, and other governmental agencies on FOIA/PA legal and policy questions.
- Provides technical expertise and assistance as required, to department attorneys handling FOIA/PA litigation.
- May be required to testify regarding USCIS actions on FOIA/PA cases and assist government attorneys in all phases of the litigation process.
- Directs subordinate supervisors and staff focused on litigation, appeals, external agency coordination, and processing the agency’s most complex FOIA cases.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607501400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.