This position is part of the Warfare Centers Personnel Demonstration Project. The ND-5 pay band encompasses positions equivalent to GS-14 and GS-15.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as an Engineer or Scientist in the Science & Technology Department; Sensing Sciences & Systems Division; Littoral, Acoustics & Target Physics Branch (Code X11) of the Naval Surface Warfare Center Panama City Division.
- You will provide senior leadership in the modeling, testing, development, design, and fabrication of Detection, Classification, Localization, and Tracking (DCLT) technologies for the tracking of both surface and underwater targets.
- You will lead a large technical team of government and industry experts in all aspects of research, development, test and evaluation and ensure direction of execution to meet evolving fleet requirements.
- You will conduct project planning and scheduling, develop budget estimates, and track project execution.
- You will represent the command as a technical expert and DCLT mining subject matter expert (SME).
- You will prepare and present executive-level briefings.
- You will provide senior leadership in the development and assessment of advanced signal processing techniques, automatic target recognition (ATR) for DCLT of both surface and underwater targets.
- You will use advanced techniques to modify and extend theories, precepts, and practices related to innovative DCLT technologies and systems.
- You will develop, model, analyze, test and evaluate DCLT components, subsystems, systems, and algorithms using computer analysis tools.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607455500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.