This position is part of the Warfare Centers Personnel Demonstration Project. The ND-5 pay band encompasses positions equivalent to GS-14 and GS-15.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as a Senior Analyst in the area of Naval Mine Warfare (MIW) Mine Countermeasures (MCM) in the Littoral & Mine Warfare Systems Department; Analysis, Tactics & Simulation Division (Code A40) of the Naval Surface Warfare Center Panama City Division.
- You will serve as the primary subject matter expert in U.S. Mine Countermeasures (MCM) analysis theory, analytical methods, simulations, MCM Tactical Decision Aids and associated algorithms, and current and developing MCM technology and approaches.
- You will utilize appropriate system tactical employment schemes in relevant operational environments to produce technically accurate MCM analytical products.
- You will serve as the senior analytic technical representative to the NSWC PCD MIW Director, Directorate staff, and senior NSWC PCD leadership.
- You will coordinate with the A41 (Warfare Analysis) Branch Head and support the execution and technical management of all branch MCM tasking.
- You will evaluate/review task execution to ensure technical excellence and timely completion of deliverables.
- You will, as required, guide or lead technical teams to provide products and services that meet or exceed stakeholder requirements.
- You will provide analytical direction, oversight, and mentoring of junior engineers, tacticians, and analysts in the area of MCM analysis.
- You will serve as a subject matter expert on current MCM system performance information to program offices and other organizations.
- You will interface with multiple MCM stakeholders and sponsors to develop studies plans and create solid working relationships.
- You will communicate technical and complex information at all levels of the organization, in order to inform warfighting decision makers and facilitate collaboration between and amongst in-house and external sponsors and performers.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607438200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.