You will serve as an Engineer/Scientist in the Operational Command and Control Branch (E25); Joint Interoperability and Irregular Warfare Division; Expeditionary and Maritime Systems Department of NAVSURFWARFCTR PANAMA CITY DIVISION. If selected, you will serve as the Joint and Expeditionary Command and Control (JEXC2) Technical Area Expert.Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as the technical lead for execution of all JEXC2 Research and Development efforts, and you will lead their transition into fielded systems.
- You will provide expert technical direction and guidance on JEXC2 software, networks, communications, and cybersecurity, and you will serve as the lead JEXC2 system architect.
- You will work closely with the Code E20 Senior Software Engineer, the Code E20 Senior Cybersecurity Engineer, and the JEXC2 Senior Systems Engineer to ensure JEXC2 projects are adhering to established processes and procedures.
- You will facilitate effective communication between the technical leads of all JEXC2 functional areas and projects.
- You will lead, coach, and mentor JEXC2 engineers and scientists.
- You will build strong relationships with relevant sponsors, program technical leads, and stakeholders in order to promote and advance enterprise-level collaboration.
- You will serve as the primary technical liaison for all JEXC2 sponsors and represent NSWC PCD as a technical expert in JEXC2 technology and systems.
- You will maintain awareness of relevant DoD and commercial systems and technologies in order to maintain the technical superiority of JEXC2 systems.
- You will be responsible for creating and executing strategic plans to ensure that JEXC2 systems are relevant, technologically superior, and operate within the framework of the Department of Defense.
- You will be responsible for the application of sound engineering principles and policies across all acquisition lifecycle phases, from requirements generation based on user needs through operations and support.
- You will provide technical guidance to JEXC2 project managers during development of yearly spend plans.
- You will be responsible for communicating clearly and succinctly when authoring, editing, and presenting a variety of programmatic, technical, and business operational documents and briefs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607435100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.