This position is being announced under FEMA's Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery Employee (CORE) Program. This is a temporary appointment in the Excepted Service, not to exceed 2 years, with the option to extend based on workload and funding availability. Veterans Preference does not apply to the CORE selection process.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
IIn this position, you will serve as an Emergency Management Specialist (Site Inspector Task Force Lead) for FEMA Public Assistance. If you are selected for this position, you will be reporting to one of the following states: (Akansas, Louisiana, New Mexico Oklahoma or Texas) within Region VI. Additional details will be discussed during the interview process. Typical assignments for this position include:
- Developing and preparing regional emergency management plans and policies, procedures and risk assessments to ensure the region's capability to continue essential functions during all types of hazards.
- Interpreting laws, regulations, and policies applicable to FEMA’s disaster recovery efforts.
- Evaluating disaster recovery processes, plans, standard operating procedures, and guidance for compliance with established emergency management directives, regulations, and policies.
- Administering programs and plans impacting the delivery of recovery programs and services to support individuals and communities affected by disasters in their efforts to recover.
- Coordinating and providing guidance to state and local government officials.
- Serving as a spokesperson at conferences, meetings, committees, and working groups to promote and maintain a proactive recovery posture.
Promotion Potential: Positions filled under Stafford Act regulations generally do not have documented promotion potential; however, dependent on an employee’s ability to perform higher level duties, the continuing need for an employee to perform work associated with a higher level position, and administrative recommendation and approval, promotions may be earned by CORE employees.
76% or greater - 76% or greater - Travel is expected to be 76% of the year or greater.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607425400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.