As a National Bank Examiner/Bank Examiner (Bank Information Technology Lead Expert Support), you will assist the Bank Information Technology (BIT) Lead Expert in providing advice and support to the bank supervision functions involving BIT.
Midsize and Community Bank Supervision/SODLearn more about this agency
Position may be filled in Dallas, TX or any OCC field/satellite location within the Central, Northeastern, Southern, or Western District provided the location is cost effective and operationally efficient.
As a National Bank Examiner/Bank Examiner (BIT Lead Expert Support), you will:
- Assist the BIT lead expert in providing advice to district management, subject matter experts and specialists on matters involving BIT activities such as business continuity planning, cybersecurity operations, information technology security, vendor management, etc.
- Lead or assist in BIT examinations at challenging and complex financial institutions including thrifts and community, midsize and large banks.
- Plan, coordinate, and monitor supervisory activities for BIT activities including assessing risk, developing supervisory strategies, determining the scope of supervisory activities, managing teams of assisting personnel, preparing reports of activities, and developing responses to address risks.
- Conduct or participate in discussions with management of the institution on findings and recommendations. Prepare communications to foster positive changes within the bank.
- Provide leadership and training to other examiners and instruct at formal schools in BIT and risk management.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607412500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.