This position is located in the Smithsonian Institution National Museum of African Art (NMAfA). Registration Department. The employee is responsible for collection management activities in the areas of accessioning, digital photography, incoming and outgoing loans, Object movement, storage, packing and shipping, and care and handling of objects in the Museum’s custody, as well as the ethical and legal documentation issues associated with these activities.Learn more about this agency
- Implements a collections management policy, continuously monitoring the policy for suitability to the institution’s needs and conformance to applicable current laws and statutory regulations, updating and revising as appropriate.
- Manages a collections information and management system, both manual and automated as well as coordinates responses and suggestions from administrative, curatorial and conservation staff regarding the type of information to be entered and the production report.
- Coordinates responses and suggestions from administrative, curatorial and conservation staff regarding the type of information to be entered and the production report.
- Manages all registration aspects of the temporary loan exhibition program, which may include exhibition organized and exhibited at the National Museum African Art (NMAFA) and sent to other museums, as well as exhibitions organized by other museums and exhibited at NMAfA.
- Assures that objects on loan to museum are properly insured and that objects from the Museum’s collection are insured while off the premises of the Smithsonian Institution.
- Responsible for the movement and security of objects within the Museum and assures that all objects belonging to the Museum or in its custody are handled with care.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607398200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.