The Central Arkansas VA HCS is seeking a physician to provide leadership to their Center of Innovation, the Center for Mental Healthcare and Outcomes Research (CeMHOR). This center has been funded by VA Health Services Research & Development (HSR&D) since 1990. The mission of CeMHOR is to conduct research that improves access to mental healthcare for Veterans with mental health or substance use disorders with an emphasis on those at high-risk for suicide and Veterans living in rural areas.Learn more about this agency
VA offers a comprehensive total rewards package. VHA Physician Total Rewards.
Recruitment Incentive (Sign-on Bonus): May be authorized for highly qualified candidates.
Permanent Change of Station (Relocation Assistance): Not approved.
Education Debt Reduction Program (Student Loan Repayment): Not approved.
Pay: Competitive salary, annual performance bonus, regular salary increases
Paid Time Off: 49-54 days of annual paid time offer per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, 10 paid Federal holidays per year and possible 5 day paid absence for CME)
Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years vesting) and federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VA
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement)
Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State or territory
CME: Possible $1,000 per year reimbursement
Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage provided
Contract: No Physician Employment Contract and no significant restriction on moonlighting
The CeMHOR Director will lead strategic planning for the research center, conduct research, and supervise investigators from multiple disciplines and research staff, and lead strategic planning for the research center. The Director is responsible for planning and carrying out research projects and for overseeing the work of all CeMHOR investigators and staff.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Directing all research, education programs, training, translational activities and administrative oversight for funded and proposed programs of research at CeMHOR;
- Initiating, obtaining funding for and conducting original research projects;
- Providing consultation to other investigators' ongoing projects and research proposals;
- Disseminating findings of this research by writing reports and peer-reviewed publications and presenting findings at professional meetings and in briefings to VA operational partners;
- Reviewing and providing quality control for analyses, proposals, reports and papers of staff;
- Serving on national committees and review panels, including VA study sections; and
- Oversight of all budget, personnel, operations and reporting for CeMHOR. The CeMHOR Director is expected to maintain and promote fruitful research activities and collaborations with the CAVHS academic affiliate and a firm academic base in the department in which they hold an academic appointment.
The CeMHOR Director provides mentoring to junior investigators and research fellows and other individuals interested in pursuing research as a long-term career. The CeMHOR Director mentors students at the academic affiliate, trainees in affiliated fellowship programs, and investigators in all aspects of health services research. The Director supervises all investigators and staff at CeMHOR.
The CeMHOR Director is responsible to both HSR&D leadership at VA Central Office and CAVHS leadership for communication, reporting, budget management, and personnel issues. The Director will engage with diverse stakeholders and audiences, including Veterans, investigators and staff members with diverse racial, rural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8am - 4:30pm
Alternate/Compressed Schedule: May be authorized for highly qualified candidates.
Virtual/Remote: Not authorized.
Telework: Approved (adhoc)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for trainings, meetings, conferences, etc.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607381300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.