What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
This is a term appointment not to exceed 13 months with possible extensions up to a total of 4 years without further competition. Appointment to this position will not convey permanent status in the Federal service.
Salary: $64,649.00 (Step 01) to $84,049.00 (Step 10);
NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
As a Research Microbiologist within the Columbia Environmental Research Science Center some of your specific duties will include:
- Conducts research and bioinformatic data analyses on microbial ecology and microbial functional genomics in association with aquatic organisms or ecosystems and/or nitrogen cycling.
- Serves as independent member or leader of research teams that consist of multidisciplinary scientists from multiple agencies.
- Prepares proposals, reports to funding agencies, and scientific journal publications.
- Provides technical assistance to DOI agencies and to other Federal, State, and private interests as appropriate.
- Operates a government owned or leased vehicle as an incidental driver.
Work Environment: Work is performed in an office, laboratory, and/or in the field. The office is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated. Temperature and weather extremes may be encountered in the performance of the outdoor work. Field and laboratory duties may require the use of special protective gear. The incumbent is expected to conduct duties in a safe and orderly manner so as not to endanger self, fellow workers, or property with which entrusted.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 3 nights per month for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607372600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.