About the Position: The position is located at U.S. Army Garrison-Miami, part of the Installation Management Command (IMCOM), which is dedicated to providing Service members and their families a high quality of life and ensuring good stewardship in our host community. Our goal is to make your private family and off duty life in Miami as exciting as your professional assignment to the U.S. Army Garrison-Miami.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as an agent of the commander of assigned organization on accounting, financial, and managerial issues that require examination by a financial professional.
- Perform quick response audits, audit readiness and sustainment, consulting and advisory services, risk management, liaison with external audit organizations, audit compliance and follow-up.
- Utilize professional accounting and audit skills to maintain oversight for implementing appropriate laws, directives, and regulations of internal control programs and procedures.
- Initiates and coordinates audits that typically involve complex highly integrated accounting and operational problems.
- Performs a variety of audits that are usually without precedent and require the use of advanced auditing techniques in gathering and evaluating pertinent data.
- Serves as the command representative and point of contact for external agencies' inspections and audits, and exercises oversight.
- Conducts in-briefs with management officials. Explains the purpose and procedures for the audit and answers questions.
- Prepares reports, which present findings, identifies causative situations and recommends corrective action.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607356900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.