This position is in the VHA Office of Internal Audit and is a member of an audit team responsible for executing Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS) audits for VHA's internal audit program. This position is a key component of VHA's third line of defense, providing internal, independent, and objective assurance for management operations and clinical services.Learn more about this agency
Major Duties Include:
- Recommending changes in VHA Internal Audit and Evaluation Program methods and approaches based on evaluation results.
- Planning, organizing, directing, staffing, coordinating, reviewing, evaluating the timely execution of assigned projects in accordance with GAGAS.
- Determining the audit objectives and plans audit scope.
- Reporting significant audit findings that cover the applicable criteria, conditions discovered and their cause and effect, and recommendations.
- Conducting the audit in accordance with GAGAS and other applicable auditing policies and/or procedures.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Auditor/PD03213A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607341600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.