About the Position:Learn more about this agency
Serves as a Supervisory Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC), to include Communications Security (COMSEC) Program Management, in the Cybersecurity Division of a Regional Network Enterprise Center (RNEC).
- Provide advice and guidance concerning Cybersecurity/Information Assurance (IA) matters to the Cybersecurity Division Chief, RNEC and the serviced LNECs.
- Review and evaluate the impact of new systems or system changes against DOD and Army Cybersecurity/IA configuration management, architecture, and network security standards and requirements, to include existing or proposed interfaces.
- Conduct continuing surveys of threats and vulnerabilities so as to properly assess risks and determine effective mitigation measures to minimize such risks.
- Ensure patches, hot fixes, system change packages and current AV definitions are applied and compliance verified.
- Work closely with Local Network Enterprise Center (LNEC) and Tenants to ensure IT devices are accredited and maintain current accreditation, are Security-focused Configuration Management (SecCM) compliant.
- Exercise direct supervision and control over civilian staff of administrative, technical, and support personnel.
- Advise and counsel employees on work and administrative matters.
- Recommend design and implementation of protective countermeasures for new systems.
Occasional travel - Up to 10% Business Travel required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607294400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.